Today’s economic system is failing us. It is the cause of climate change, resource destruction and rising inequality. The idea that the free market works for everyone is a fantasy.
It is time to Reclaim Economics!
The Club of Rome wants to inspire and support students, activists, intellectuals, artists, video-makers, teachers, professors and many others to help us shift the teaching of economics away from the mathematical pseudo-science it has become. The well-being of people and the sustainability of the planet need to lie at the core of all economic thinking.
We want to
- boost public pressure for change
- mobilise students to demand a balanced economics education
The project will kick off on 9-11 September 2016 at the castle Burg Feistritz, 90 km from Vienna, Austria.
Want to be part of the team?
- Dissatisfied with the way economics is taught today?
- Eager to challenge the current system?
- Environmentally and socially aware?
- Ready to commit time to the cause?
As part of our campaign team you will have the opportunity to play a central role in changing the way economics is taught and understood. You will also have regular contact with Club of Rome members and other internationally renowned experts.
How to apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A completed the application form (available here)
- If you are an artist, send us a sample of your work!
The closing date for applications is 30th June 2016.
Best to apply early! Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.