Main procedures and steps from the website: Office for the Foreigners (in Polish Ministry of Internal Affairs)
and Office for Citizens Issues ( in Polish Dictrict Authority)
ŁÓDZKI URZĄD WOJEWÓDZKI (capital of district)
1. Receving short long visa (by invitation, in Polish law the longest may be within 3 months) Exists also long time visa (but it is mainly for work, study, or when applying for residance for described period as 1-2 years)
Estimeted time of waiting for visa – about 2-3 weeks (after time when person aplied for visa and attached all important documents)
2. Every short and long time visa is possible apply for prolong in Poland (condtition for the short time visa- it should begin prolong procedures since 7 days that visa may finish)
Its possible also apply for:
3. Residence permit for a specified period of time
Important in that is the procedures should begin before a 45 day visa expires (and prolonging of 30 days visa is necessary for your convenience). It can be valid maximum of 2 years.
NECESSARY DOCUMENTS (but in Poland, also to be submitted at consulate):
– a completed application form
– 4 colour photographs 4,5cm x 3,5cm,
– paper of contemporary accomodation when person stays in Poland (it means after entering Poland person is obliged to register first 4 days in Council of city of stay)
– paper about legitimate title of accomodation in that 1-2 years period (they want for example agreement of rental room or flat)
– documented month salaries (for foreigners who work in Poland), if not – salaries of Polish family (as family of foreigner) who stay in Poland (it was not written about other people ), but I think salaries of other people who may take care of incoming foreigner, should be documented.
– document about insurance
– documents necessary for confirmation of data provided in the form and circumstances justifying application for residence permit for a specified period of time,
And possible alternative documents that office may need (from foreigner):
– birth paper (duplicate)
– certificate about non- penality (non- punishable) from Middle-Eastern state
– certificate about lack of financial obligations toward Middle-Eastern state
Editor: Marcin Pietrzyk
Co-Editor – Wojciech Wilk
We chose only basic informations about Polish visa procedures, especially important for citizens of Middle-Eastern countries.
However we have to include also some urgent cases involved with medical situation, areas of conflict, wars, natural disasters concerning individual or specified group of Middle-Eastern states, when procedures may change or obtain additional conditions.
Refugees issues (soon)